- Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
- Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
- Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
- Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Marcus Aurelius: Live a good life.
- If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
- If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
- If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.